Window treatments are the perfect way to give your room an instant makeover! But what might start as a fun home improvement activity can quickly turn into a costly project.
From curtains and draperies to brackets, rods and finials, adding beautiful window treatments for your home can get expensive fast. High-quality draperies alone can cost up to $100 per panel, and if you have a lot of windows, you might wind up in a financial hole.
Today, we’ll share our top ideas for saving money on window treatments for your home.
What to Consider When Choosing Window Treatments
To select the right budget window treatments for your needs, you should know what you’re looking for in a set of curtains. Here are a few things to consider:
- Lighting and Privacy: Are your neighbors too close for comfort? Do your windows face east, forcing you to wake up earlier than you’d like? Before you know what kind of window treatments you need, get a basic understanding of how much lighting and privacy you want. Depending on your style and requirements, layering can be a great solution.
- Color: Colorful window treatments are a great way to tie the room together. You can add a bright pop of color or a lovely neutral shade that tones down your space. What would fit well into your room as it stands now?
- Curtain Type: Curtains come in a variety of styles. Do you want (and need, depending on the size of your window) long, dramatic curtains? Or would you prefer soft, simple sheers that add a delicate balance to the room? Learn more about the different types of curtains in our blog here.
- Material: Your curtain’s material should reflect your style. Do you prefer a modern design, or is traditional the way to go? Is there a time period you like to match, or even a location you want to emulate, like France? Whatever you choose, the last thing you want is for your window treatments to look out of place in your home.
5 Ways to Save Money on Window Treatments
Whether you’re feeling crafty or want to know where to look, here are five cheap curtain ideas to try:
1. DIY Window Treatments
Curtains and shades can burn a hole in your wallet. Instead of purchasing some, try this fun DIY window treatment, which is affordable and easy to do.
The biggest tip is to use standard nylon blinds as your base – it’s one of the cheapest window treatments out there.
2. Experiment With Window Films
One way to maintain privacy while still getting plenty of light is to create window films within each panel.
This DIY window film project shows you how to create affordable films with a decorative touch, so you don’t feel like you’re losing style points!
3. Purchase Affordable Cotton Panels
There are tons of budget curtain options out there, so here’s an easy one: use cotton panels.
Cotton panels come in different styles, prints, patterns and colors. And you won’t have to break the bank to get them – a pair typically costs around $30 or less.
4. Use Kwik-Hang Curtain Brackets and Rods
Kwik-Hang’s no-drill, damage-free curtain rod brackets take the guesswork out of measuring, drilling and mounting curtains. Hang curtains in seconds without the hassle and save time, money and effort.
The brackets are easy to use and only require a hammer or mallet to install. You don’t need to purchase additional hardware to hang your curtains or drapes.
You can also remove Kwik-Hang brackets effortlessly if you need to take down your curtains or move. They don’t leave behind any holes in the wall, giving you peace of mind. Plus, if you’re a renter (or care about your home’s woodwork) you can count on getting your security deposit back.
You can also shop Kwik-Hang’s affordable and stylish curtain rod collection. Kwik-Hang curtain rods come in a variety of colors with options for finials. They’re also adjustable and suited for different window sizes, so you don’t have to worry about sending it back if your measurements are off.
5. Try Simple Twine for Your Tieback
Add a beautiful touch to your curtains without having to splurge on fancy accessories. Twine is one of the easiest, most budget-friendly ways to enhance your curtains. You might even have some twine around the house already.
All you have to do is measure the twine your desired length and cut, then tie a bow around each curtain panel.
Save Money, Effort and Time With Kwik-Hang
No matter which window treatments you use, you can always depend on Kwik-Hang’s brackets and rods to save you time, money and effort throughout the curtain-hanging process.
Kwik-Hang’s revolutionary curtain hardware is easy to install, affordable and doesn’t damage your walls or require precise measurements.
Kwik-Hang’s no-drill, damage-free design has made hanging curtains incredibly easy. Just align the brackets to your window trim and tap them into place. You won’t have to stress about spackling holes later on or paying for unsightly wall damages.
Try Kwik-Hang today!