Curtains get expensive quickly. A lot of drapery costs around $100 per panel — multiply that by four to eight panels, plus any installation costs and you’ll easily rack up over $1,000 for window treatments alone.
Curtains are a core part of a styled room — but you don’t need to break the bank to get them. A smart home decorator knows budget curtains are the way to get the most bang for your buck.
It’s possible to spare your budget without sacrificing style. In this post, we’ll show you budget curtain ideas you can try today, the best places to find budget-friendly curtains online, and even a few DIY tricks that will save you money.
Budget Curtains That Won’t Break the Bank
Getting started is the hardest part of decorating. Here are a few of our favorite budget curtain ideas to get you inspired!
Sheer curtains add a touch of simple elegance to any room. Widely available now in a rainbow of colors, these sheer curtain panels start at under $10.
Soften and refine existing shades or blinds by adding a window scarf. All you need is enough fabric to drape around the window frame–no sewing required.
Cotton panels are easy to find and come in a variety of prints, patterns and textures. Hang them alone or use double curtain rod brackets to layer them to add depth and dimension to your space.
Where to Find Affordable Curtains Online
Save yourself the trouble of searching for affordable curtains online. Check out these websites that offer great sales and low prices.
- Ikea: Surprise, Surprise. With styles, colors, and fabric options that fit almost any decor, it’s hard to imagine beginning your search anywhere else.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Did someone say coupons? It’s never a bad idea to check out the offerings from this retailer to see how much you can save. They have nearly 3,000 different curtain and drape options available in their online store.
- Target:Target has ramped up their home decor section over the last few years, with new lines, collaborations and stylish collections at reasonable prices. With a vast selection, helpful design guides and free in-store pick-up for online orders, it’s a convenient, budget-friendly source for curtains.
- Wayfair: Wayfair is the ultimate site for everything home, and it doesn’t disappoint when it comes to curtain selection and price. You can even filter your search results by using the light filtration tab to find curtains that set the perfect tone for your space.
- JCPenney: While they may be more expensive than the other options, JCPenney regularly hosts huge sales and offers coupons. Check back often to find significant savings on quality curtains and drapes.
DIY Curtain Solutions
Feeling crafty? DIY curtains are the way to go when it comes to customizing the look and feel of a room without spending a lot. Try one of these fun project ideas yourself!
Drop Cloth Curtains
Turn a canvas painters cloth into custom curtain panels. Use a stencil and paint to embellish the painter’s cloth with patterns that match your decor.
DIY Thermal Curtains
Thermal curtains are non-negotiable in certain regions. Save money on these necessities by making your own easy DIY thermal curtains.
Try using a pillowcase to make a simple bathroom valance. Match an existing bed set, or use an entirely different print.
Hang Curtains Without a Rod
Maybe you already have the perfect pair of curtains but are looking for a unique way to mount them without spending a fortune on hardware. Try one of these techniques to hang curtains without a rod.
Save Money with Kwik-Hang
Save money on your new curtains by using Kwik-Hang curtain rod brackets. Kwik-Hang brackets are affordable and make it easy to hang curtains without the use of special equipment.
Kwik-Hang’s no drill, no damage design has revolutionized hanging curtains. What used to be a time-consuming hassle is now a simple installation process. Position the brackets, tap into place and that’s it — it doesn’t damage walls or require precise measurements.
Try Kwik-Hang today!